The Care Guide
We use both plated and gold filled jewelry.
Plated jewelry is the general term referring to jewelry that has gold, silver, rhodium, or any type of precious metal plated over the base metal. As a result, this means that the item is not “solid” gold; it is similar to a cover of paint over another material. Plated metals can tarnish and rub off.
Gold-filled jewelry is jewelry composed of a solid layer of gold (typically constituting at least 5% of the item's total weight) mechanically bonded to a base of either sterling silver or some base metal.
We suggest following the below care instructions:
- Preserve your jewelrys' plating by avoiding contact with cleaning agents, beauty products, water and chemicals.
- Remove jewelry prior to exercise, washing your hands or swimming.
- Protect your jewelry by storing your items in a dry area.
- Clean your jewelry with a dry cotton cloth to renew its shine.
- We recommend storing sterling silver styles with the provided anti-tarnishing strip inside your bag. Anti-tarnish strips will be included for each piece, as well as have a polishing cloth included.
- Natural gemstones can be fragile. Do not use paper towels to clean your gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Our gold filled jewelry is made of 14k and 18k gold. These metals will not oxidize or discolor with proper care.
- Gold filled jewelry can be washed with warm water and mild soap. Make sure to rinse well!
- Dry completely with a soft cloth.